For those of us living in Phoenix, the summer has pretty much arrived. We barely have a winter here. It’s time to start changing up the wardrobes and I’m getting out the sun dresses, sandals, and cute accessories. On the beauty front, it’s time for some golden highlights in my hair and makeup. I love to work with corals and do looks with orange undertones. I like warm colors for my skin tone so spring and summer are a welcome time of the year. Despite it really does reach 118-120 Fahrenheit in Phoenix (47-49 Celsius). To keep my makeup looking fresh when it heats up, I have tips I’ll share in later posts. It’s not easy because you just melt outside.
It’s not time for a full out bronze yet but I created this light sun-kissed look that I could wear to work the other day. I’ve tried to include a little more in the details about how to create the look as I got some questions on my last post about applications of certain products. So, here we go and I’m working on getting step by step photos for you soon.
- Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleanser
- Aveda Skin Firming/Toning Agent (Wait 15 min – perhaps make some coffee and tweet this article to your Twitter followers to share the love)
- NYX Pore Filler (approaching holy grail status)
- Primer (all over lid to brow bone): MAC Paint Pot in Painterly (I use my finger to blend all over my eye lid)
- Transition color MAC Soft Brown above crease applied very lightly with MAC 224 brush
- All over lid is Smashbox praline (From Shades of Fame palette) applied with my finger. This palette is no longer available but the Full Exposure Palette has some similar colors. Otherwise… eBay or any warm coppery gold will work.
- Beneath brow line is Smashbox bliss (Shades of Fame palette) applied with Sigma
- Outer-V and lightly into crease to darken applied with Sigma E34 is MAC saddle
- Bottom lash line is Smashbox praline
- On the water line, to make my eyes look brighter and get the coppery praline color to pop, I used a NARS Larger Than Life Longwear liner in Santa Monica Blvd
- Top Liner: Maybelline Eye Studio gel in Expresso (Soft wing)
- Mascara: Loreal Voluminous Butterfly 872 applied to top and bottom
- Lashes: Red Cherry #43! Can’t leave the house without lashes (Duo lash glue) Red Cherry doesn’t have an official side (Weird, I know) and I buy mine on eBay.
- Brows were blended out with the Maybelline Eye Studio gel in Expresso (That’s right) using a flat angled brush. Stuff works like a charm.
- Bobbi Brown color corrector under eyes in dark bisque
- Foundation: Make Up Forever HD #130 (Applied with Beauty Blender)
- Concealer: NARS Radiant Concealer in Honey (read about how I get a flawless foundation and concealer application here)
- Under Eye Setting Powder: Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder#1
- Powder: NARS Lights Fiji
- MAC Powder Blush in Gingerly
- Highlights and Contour: Becca Lowlight/Highlight Perfecting Palette (Very little lowlight used)
- Lips: Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural N51 (a bright pure coral)
- Gloss: Christian Dior Addict Whisper Beige (Opaque gloss which tones down the orange intensity)
- Liner: Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip 18C
- All over set: Light dusting with Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette (all 3 blended)
- A light spray of MAC Fix Plus
- A spritz of perfume! Wondering what I used? I went for Gucci Flora.
- I wore black slacks to work paired with a top that had a pattern in aqua blue. This was intentional to compliment the orange tones in my makeup. Remember? Opposite colors on the color wheel?
As you can see, I did use a lot of products again but that’s just me – remember you are dealing with a sick-o fanatic here. You can skip the Hourglass powder, false lashes and a few other things if you don’t want to bother like the lip liner, spray toner, MAC Fix+, and under eye setting powder. You will still get a very similar result. My hair had not been washed in two days so I ran a curling iron through it and added some soft waves. That can be done in 15 minutes and is an easy fix for fuzzy ends. I’ll do an emergency hair fix tutorial soon.
I hope you enjoyed! Please send me questions, comments, suggestions, tips, etc! If you try this look with the same products or different products, please share and share any products that are your favorites for a sun kissed look.
Lots of love!
Janine -XO ~Abeautifulwhim