The first day of fall came in late September and I wasn’t sad to say goodbye to the summer living in Phoenix! I love everything about the fall and winter except the effects it has on my skin. Even worse, the effects it has on my son, Noah’s skin. You may recall Noah suffers from eczema. I’ve talked about his skin before as it’s a constant struggle for us and I know it is for many other parents as well. Every year, with the changing weather, Noah’s eczema flares up and it’s a real battle to keep him comfortable.
With my constant dry skin and Noah’s eczema, I spend a lot of time hunting around for creams and lotions that will offer relief from eczema and itchy dry skin. I recently learned that GOLD BOND is a leading brand in the hand and body lotion category. I never would have guessed that! When I think of GOLD BOND, I think of the medicated powder that has been popular as far back as I can remember. However, in 1996, GOLD BOND introduced their first lotion named “Healing” and has continued to develop a variety of specialty and everyday skin care solutions.
I spotted GOLD BOND® Ultimate Lotion Eczema Relief and picked some up at the grocery store. My grandmother trusted GOLD BOND so I was confident their product would be effective and thoughtfully formulated. We’ve tried a lot of products to relieve eczema symptoms over the years. The GOLD BOND product was different than others I’ve seen because it has 2% colloidal oatmeal in the formula. Colloidal oatmeal has been wonderful for us at soothing itchy, miserable skin. I was eager to try it on my legs which are always exceptionally dry and just about everywhere on Noah. Noah’s eczema is so extreme, even his eyelids and earlobes get raw. Once he’s scratching, breaking the itch scratch cycle is key because the itching leads to bleeding, scars, skin infections, lack of sleep, and other problems.
We’ve been prescribed steroid creams but I try to avoid using them because of the side effects. GOLD BOND® Ultimate Lotion Eczema Relief is steroid-free and contains 7 moisturizers, 3 vitamins, and colloidal oatmeal in a patented formula that relieves the 5 symptoms of eczema: Itch, dryness, scaling/peeling, roughness, and redness/irritation. The product has been accepted by the National Eczema Association which offers even more peace of mind. I spend a lot of time on the National Eczema Association website keeping up to date on the latest products and eczema treatments. Although grandma’s respect for the brand was really enough for me.
The GOLD BOND® Ultimate Lotion Eczema Relief faired well in clinical testing. Eczema sufferers reported the following:
- 8 out of 10 saw and felt significant skin improvement in 2 weeks
- 8 out of 10 experienced significant relief of dryness, scaling, and roughness in 2 weeks
- 9 out of 10 experienced significant relief of redness/irritation in 4 weeks
Our experience using GOLD BOND Eczema Relief Lotion for 2 weeks
- I’ve been using the GOLD BOND product for 2 weeks on Noah and myself and so far, I’ve noticed both of us have experienced relief from itchy skin. Noah typically scratches in his sleep and after about a week of using the Eczema Relief lotion, I haven’t observed him scratching. Our plan is to continue to use the lotion in the morning and before bed. The lotion is fragrance-free . It doesn’t cause any burning when applied to skin that is already red and irritated. That’s been a major issue for us with other products. Noah’s skin is so sensitive, many products we’ve tried have caused a burning sensation and are painful for him. The GOLD BOND lotion was soothing and felt good when applied to the skin.
We’re excited to have this new product in hand to help us get through the dry winter season. It’s available at all mass, major drug stores, and food retailers. ($9.99)
I have a surprise for you! Leave a comment on the question below and one lucky winner will receive a $100 Visa gift card!
While the changing weather brings dry skin that we all need relief from, there are also lots of things to love about the fall! Tell me in the comments below what your favorite thing is about the fall season! Mine is decorating for El Dia de los Muertos!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique terms in your tweet message: “#Sweeps” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via the sweeps@sheknows email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/18-11/30/2017.
Be sure to visit the brand page on SheKnows.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!