I am so gitty right now because Assia, author of “The A Blog” nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award. There’s nothing more rewarding when you start blogging for someone to notice and recognize you. Thank you so much to the beautiful Assia who might be in England or Italy today and soon Spain. Doesn’t that sound like heaven? It does for me sitting in Phoenix, AZ!
So, I recently learned that if I just link to a Blog, a link back won’t appear (Gasp!) but if you link to an article on the blog, the link back appears (A ha!). So, I’ve linked into her award post and I hope that works properly! Oh and by the way, I came straight home from work because I wanted to work on this post! My other option was to go back to Nordstrom’s and get the items I forgot to buy when I was at the MAC counter yesterday. Mmmm hmmm, I told you I was gitty about this because I don’t think anything else could have stood between MAC and I!
Here are the guidelines for this award:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person who nominated you, linking to their blog.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Here are my responses to Assia’s questions:
1 What country or city would you travel to tomorrow?
I’d like to get on a plane tomorrow and be in Barcelona by the morning!
2 What’s your favourite book?
I don’t really have a favorite book. I am not a person who reads books. I wish I was but I’m not a book worm. I read a lot but usually I read blogs, news sites, and for some bizarre reason I love to read things in medical journals.
3 Name three items you would bring on a desert island.
My family, a set of tools, and hair conditioner!
4 Have you ever solo traveled? If so, tell us about your experience.
I have traveled solo quite a bit but it was always for business purposes. I have never traveled solo for leisure.
5 Have you ever made friends / hooked-up with a stranger while travelling?
Definitely, I’m very social and if I’m approached by someone I will happily engage in conversation (unless they are a weirdo). I’ve been told I’m flirtatious but it’s not intentional as I’m just being friendly.
6 What’s your favourite drink?
Anything with ginger! I’m currently hooked on Moscow Mules!
7 How many languages can you speak?
I can only say I am fluent in English. I can communicate in Spanish and I read it better than I can speak it. I did have a conversation with someone in Columbia today in Spanish on Twitter! So, I’ll give myself 1 1/3 languages! LOL
The Life of Kristyn (A blog I came across recently that I really enjoy. And Kristyn incudes lots of photos and is a great blogging role model for us newbies!)
Here are my questions: (Ummm, my cat just stole the straw right from my glass, so rude)
1. How do you keep up on all the blogs you follow? Do you use a reader? How do you stay organized?
2. What is your favorite dessert?
3. What is a beauty item you are dying to buy but haven’t yet because it’s an expensive one?
4. Who was your favorite teacher or all time and why?
5. If you could witness an event from the past, what would it be?
6. What would you like to learn how to do?
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Lots of Love,
Janine -XO ~Abeautifulwhim