It’s so hard not to get carried away with makeup getting ready for work but if you work in an office like I do, there is an unspoken rule about wearing too much. I love getting ready in the morning because I plan what I’m going to wear the night before and I think about what colors I’m going to use in my makeup application to compliment my outfit. It’s an ordeal but something I have fun with and look forward to doing every day.
There have been a few days where I admit, I might have gotten a bit carried away with a very dramatic cat eye and big lashes. For the most part, I try to stay within the confines of what most of my office colleagues would deem acceptable. I am a Director of Technology in a financial services organization so that introduces conservativeness right out of the gate. This doesn’t mean no false lashes or bright lipsticks. I try to focus on the overall look so if I’m going to use a bright lipstick, I have to make other adjustments to compensate for that. On Friday, I had my hubby take a couple of quick snapshots before I left so that I could share how I got this look for work (excuse the tank top as I wasn’t fully dressed yet). You’ll be surprised at how much makeup I used!
I listed the products in the order that I used them. If there is a specific product you would like me for me to review, let me know in the comments and I would LOVE to do that for you.
Spring Makeup Face Prep
- Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleanser
- Olay Oil Minimizing Toner with Witch Hazel
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream (Wait 15 min, check email, etc, then…)
- NYX Pore Filler (just got this and will review it soon, it’s excellent. Benefit Porefessional Dupe!)
Spring Eye Makeup
- Primer (all over lid to brow bone): MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Maya Mia Palette (NotavailableatABH, check eBay)
- Transition color above crease: Warm Taupe
- Crease definition: Caramel
- All over lid: Glisten
- Beneath brow line: Nude mixed with Vanilla (Also applied a little in the corners)
- Outer-V to darken: Sienna
- Liner: Maybelline Eye Studio gel in Expresso (Soft wing and used in waterline and undereye and smoked out) This also works great with an angled brush to refine brows. Messed up a wing and had to do some major tweaks and repair. Not uncommon for me 🙁
- Mascara: Loreal Voluminous Butterfly 872 applied to top and bottom
- Lashes: Red Cherry #43 (of course)! Can’t leave the house without lashes (Duo lash glue)
- Brows: Au Natural (hidden by my hair, on purpose)
Spring Face Makeup
- Color Correction: I was having a bad day with dark circles. I dabbed orange shadow to help correct my disaster before I moved onto foundation.
- Foundation: Make Up Forever HD #130
- Concealer: NARS Radiant Concealer in Honey (read about how I get a flawless foundation and concealer application here)
- Under Eye Setting Powder: Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder#1
- Powder: NARS Lights Fiji
- Blush: NYX Powder Blusher mauve PB13
- Highlights and Contour: Becca Lowlight/Highlight Perfecting Palette (Very little lowlight used)
- Lips: Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense #30
- Gloss: Christian Dior Addict Whisper Beige (Opaque gloss which significantly alters tone of lipstick)
- Liner (None, I was lazy)
- I couldn’t seem to get lighting right here – this is actually showing as a bit coral but the real color is seen in the other two photos. And not sure why my lip doesn’t look straight! It’s not cooked but looks like it in our photos. =(
- All over set: Light dusting with Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette (all 3 blended)
- A light spray of MAC Fix Plus
- A spritz of perfume! Wondering what I used? Read about my Linari perfume here.
- Get dressed, pick earrings, put on watch, kiss hubby, OUT THE DOOR!
As you can see, I did use a lot of products but that’s just me. I like playing with my products and I do go light with applications, especially during the day. I don’t spent a lot of time on my hair and I’ll do a post about that. Keeping it healthy is most important but despite having long hair, I can whip up a hair style in 15 minutes. It’s the makeup that drains my time in the morning. As you can see, I use a mix of high end, mid, and drug store products. I’m not a product snob and if Maybelline liner works the best, I’ll use it and tell you! And by the way, I do think the Maybelline gel liners are some of the best available.
I hope you enjoyed! Please send me questions, comments, suggestions, tips, etc! I love hearing from you. I read absolutely everything as you might know by now. So, I’ll be back soon with a review of my Lorac Unzipped Palette! Happy Mother’s Day!!
– Janine XO ~Abeautifulwhim