Over the last couple months, I’ve talked about building healthy habits to improve your lifestyle. As summer arrives, one of the first things that comes to my mind is getting ready for swimsuit weather. It’s definitely a time people start to work on shedding extra pounds and looking refreshed as the weather warms up and cute summer clothes let us bare more skin. What better time than now, to share some healthy planning tools?
In a recent post, I included my top tips on how to build healthy habits, I shared my secret to success which is making diet and lifestyle changes gradually. Of course, we all want to make big changes over night and feel we are completely on track. The problem with that approach is it doesn’t give you the opportunity to develop new habits. It takes time to form new habits and when you do, the changes are more likely things you will stick with. Making gradual changes and continuing to increase the frequency that you are doing things differently will eventually become second nature. When it does, you have formed a new habit!
Let’s put this to the test! I’ve created a weekly planning tool that you can download and use to plan your menu and other lifestyle changes you are making. Not only did I make a blank one for you to work with, I also created one with my suggestions on how to get started and incorporate some key behaviors that will lead to an overall healthier lifestyle.
Healthy Planning Tool Weekly Starter Plan
I’ve created the first plan for you which incorporates some key changes to build new healthy habits. The benefits of this starter plan are more than meets than eye!Cranberry-Meal-Plan
Click on the plan to download
- Increases your fruit consumption with the addition of cranberries in your diet. USDA MyPlate guidelines indicate that eating ½-cup of Craisins® Dried Cranberries or one 8-ouce serving of Ocean Spray® Light Cranberry Juice Drink is the equivalent of adding one cup of fruit to your diet. Each serving of Ocean Spray® 100% juice equals one cup of your daily fruit needs and 100% of your daily value of Vitamin C, with no added sugar.
- Begin enjoying one 8-ounce serving of Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice Drink twice a week. If you prefer a light juice, Ocean Spray® Light Cranberry Juice is also great option. This is an all-natural bacteria blocker and a way to prevent bacteria from causing UTIs. This behavior may also contribute to the world wide issue of antibiotic resistance. Continue to increase your consumption until you are consuming one 8-ounce serving of juice each day.
- Begin to bring your lunch and a snack to work twice a week. Work up to more days as you get comfortable with the changes and the time needed to prepare your lunch in the mornings or night before.
- Introduce lighter and healthier meal and dessert options through out the week. Remember to use an app that tracks what you are eating such as MyFitnessPal so you can continue to adjust your daily intake depending on whether you want to lose weight or maintain the weight you are at.
- Incorporate the power of cranberries in different ways into your daily diet. Read more about the incredible health benefits of consuming cranberries on CranberryHealth.com.
For the meals I’ve suggested in the starter plan, I’ve also included links to all the recipes for you! Click on each photo or recipe name to see the details of it. Also, notice these recipes include cranberries so you can achieve the goal and health benefits of consuming cranberries daily. I even slipped in a Friday night cocktail that includes cranberry juice and I know you are going to love it!
Recipe: Craisins® Breakfast Bar
Recipe: Cranberry Almond Biscotti
Recipe: Spicy Enchiladas
Recipe: Apple Cranberry Slaw Wrap
Recipe: Sparkling Cranberry Sangria
Healthy Planning Tool (Blank Plan For You to Use)
As you plan out future weeks, here is a blank plan that you download and fill in yourself. I find this very helpful. Planning ahead makes shopping easier and I stay more organized. Also, it keeps me thinking about what changes I can continue to make to improve my lifestyle.Weekly-Meal-Planner
Click on plan to download
I would love to hear other ways you are building healthy habits. Also, do you have any great recipes you have come up with that include cranberries? Please share in the comments below!
For more cranberry inspiration and information about the wonderful health benefits offered, visit Ocean Spray on social media. They are waiting to engage with you!
- Facebook: @oceanspray https://www.facebook.com/oceanspray
- Instagram: @oceansprayinc https://www.instagram.com/oceansprayinc/
- Twitter: @oceansprayinc https://twitter.com/oceansprayinc
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/OceanSpray/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/oceanspray
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ocean Spray®. The opinions and text are all mine.