Most smoothie recipes for glowing skin are green. Many of them taste ok but there’s something about a green smoothie that just isn’t appetizing to me. In addition, to get a good flavor, often pineapple juice is added to green smoothies and I’m allergic to pineapples! I’m always experimenting and creating smoothies that don’t include pineapple (or mango) and usually aren’t green. Pineapples and mangos send me on a trip to the emergency room and on most days, I’m looking to avoid that.
I started making this smoothie a couple of weeks ago when it got really cold in Arizona and I was looking for all options to keep my skin looking fresh and glowy. This is a light smoothie maybe more along the lines of a fresh frothy juice. While I love things that are overly sweet, this recipe is definitely on the mildly sweet side. Also, if you want something thicker, like a shake, using frozen fruit will give you a denser consistency.
This Glowing Skin smoothie is made with ingredients that are packed with nutrients known to brighten up the complexion.
Benefits of my Glowing Skin Smoothie ingredients:
- Banana: Rich in potassium and helps to hydrate and moisturize dehydrated skin.
- Kiwi: A skin-loving fruit with vitamin C, E, and antioxidants that are essential for rejuvenating skin’s health.
- Almond Milk: Excellent for those with dairy allergies (like me) and it contains vitamin E and a variety of antioxidants essential to your skin’s health. Cashew milk works well in this recipe too.
- Ground Flaxseed: Essential fatty acids found in flaxseeds help keep your skin hydrated and smooth.
- Lemon: Helps balance the PH levels of skin. This also helps to minimize effects from eczema, psoriasis, and other common skin problems.
- Strawberries: Improves skin tone and complexion.
- Apple: Contains vitamin C and your body produce collagen
So if your skin feels like it could use extra love, give this glowing skin smoothie a try every day for one week to boost moisture and antioxidants. For a change, you could also substitute the apple for a pear.
A few of my other skin loving smoothies (plus a green one!)
- Vegan Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
- Anti-Aging Turmeric Breakfast Smoothie
- Natural Green Smoothie for Healthy Skin
Glowing Skin Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 kiwi (peeled)
- 1 small banana
- 4 large frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 apple (cored, peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond, coconut, cashew, or soy milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional – if you are counting calories, this can be left off)
Put all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and add the flaxseed last or sprinkle on top. If you want a thicker texture, use frozen bananas and strawberries.
Do you have a favorite glowing skin smoothie? Please share your favorite tips or recipes below.