2016 Golden Globe winner, Lady Gaga, looked amazing with an old Hollywood glamour look on the red carpet of the 2016 Golden Globe Awards. It was almost hard to recognize her if you weren’t a fan of American Horror Story where her character frequently appeared with a similar classic Hollywood look. Lady Gaga is typically wearing extravagant or outrageous costumes and unusual makeup so we forget what she really looks like. Suddenly, here’s the real woman and she’s absolutely beautiful with sculpted cheek bones and perfect lips! Celebrity hairstylist, Frederic Aspiras, created her voluminous waves and curls with the help of KMS California products. Here, Frederic shares how to get Lady Gaga’s red carpet look.
How to get Lady Gaga’s Red Carpet Look
1. Start with clean damp hair. First apply KMS California TAMEFRIZZ smoothing lotion (18.99) from root to tip and comb through for even distribution.
2. Next, spray KMS California ADDVOLUME volumizing spray (18.99) at the roots to create big voluminous hair.
3. Give a light mist of KMS California FREESHAPE quick blow dry spray (21.99) to reduce drying time and get a smooth fly-away free result to your blow dry.
4. Section off the hair for blow drying. Using a medium round brush, drying with an up and around movement to get full volume.
5. Using a 1-inch curling iron, take 1-inch sections of hair and curl the hair all back and away from the face. Using velcro rollers, set each curl after you curl only using medium to small curlers. Allow rollers to cool. After 15-20 minutes remove rollers.
6. To finish, brush the hair out with a sable bristle brush. Use KMS California HAIRPLAY playable texture ($20.50) to spray waves and curls in place but still maintain a soft bouncy look.
KMS California products are available at salons nationwide, please visit KMS SALON FINDER to find a salon near you.
To recreate Lada Gaga’s bright eyes, line the water line with a white eyeliner pencil.