I’ve been hooked on Argan oil forever but I recently received a bottle of Luxury Facial Marula Oil from Drunk Elephant. They sent me a complimentary bottle to try and they have no idea I decided to write a post about it. After trying their marula oil, I haven’t gone back to using other facial oils. I’m obsessed with this product! I thought, OK, I better to you about this stuff!Last year, I tried a few marula oils from other popular brands and either I didn’t like the scent or texture. And that was the end of the that! Looking back, I discovered those products had other ingredients in them and I just don’t think they were of the same quality as Drunk Elephant. When I tried the Drunk Elephant Virgin Luxury Marula Oil, it was love at first use.
Marula oil comes from South Africa. It’s extracted from the nut of the Marula Tree which is native to the region.
The product from Drunk Elephant remains in the most natural form of Marula Oil that you can get. Just like what the women of South Africa would use. It has no additives, fragrance, parabens, sulfates, and it’s vegan. It’s simply 100% pure unrefined Marula Oil. This product is optimal for all skin types (yes, even if you have oily skin or acne) and I’ve completely fallen in love with it! It’s also recommended for use on sensitive skin. All skin types really means all skin types!
My preferred skin care products are primarily from clinical skin care lines and Drunk Elephant is formulated to be as effective as clinical skin care using minimal, clean ingredients. Ensuring the active ingredients are at the ideal pH level, using the highest quality ingredients that are biocompatible with skin, and delivering on promises are a few of the company’s commitments. Their work has resulted in a new category of skin care they call clean-clinical. (Love it)! And have a close up look, I’d say that looks pretty clean, right?
This is a brand that I feel a connection to. Therefore, I wanted to share my experience with you so can think about trying their amazing Marula Oil. At least, ask for a sample next time your are in Sephora. They area always willing to make samples of any products for you to try at home.
Overall, Drunk Elephant is a highly ethical and responsible company that cares about people and the environment. There’s a face behind the company, Tiffany Masterson, who is passionate about skin care and personally struggled with skin issues before she founded the company. I hate to say it, but a lot the big companies aren’t in it just for us. I believe Drunk Elephant is a company with their heart, mind and knowledge in the right place and they leverage that to deliver spectacular products to consumers.
Below, I’ve summarized the most well- known benefits of using Marula Oil. I’m sure there are more though! Also, I wanted to share the different ways I’m currently using the product.
Marula Oil Benefits
- Help prevent stretch marks and the appearance of scars
- Protects against environmental damage (smoke, pollution, harsh weathers, etc)
- Long-acting (works day and night)
- Helps prevent and heal eczema
- Works to improve skin texture and firmness, including cellulite
- Suitable for all skin types (literally, all)
- Anti-aging properties from omega oils, fatty acids, Vitamin C and E (this one is loaded with goodies and helps increase cell turnover and boost collagen)
- Ideal for acne due to the antimicrobial properties and ability to improve the appearance of scarring.
- Safe to use on hair, nails, and lips to increase hydration and moisture
How I’ve Been Using Drunk Elephant Marula Oil
- Blending with my liquid makeup for a dewy finish
- Just before bed on may hands and face (keeping the bottle on my nightstand) and it’s absorbs quickly
- Rubbling on my feet and sleeping with socks on (wake up to smoother feet!)
- Applying to my face, neck, and decollate.
- Applying oil to the ends of my hair when it’s wet and dry (because of my hair extensions, I limit it to the ends only)
- Nails and cuticles at bed time. (busy work and misbehaving children have me constantly chewing my nails; this is helping to heal and strengthen them)
- On my sons areas that are prone to eczema flare ups
- Dabbing some on my chapped lips to soften and heal them
Clearly, I found a lot of ways to incorporate this oil into my healthy skin and body routine. I’ve noticed changes since using it and my hair is really shiny! That was an instant change I noticed that I was really excited about.
Do you have anything to share about how you incorporate facial oils into your routine? There are so many great uses for facial oils (beyond just the face). Please share your beauty secrets below about the use of oils in your routine!
Where to purchase Drunk Elephant Virgin Luxury Marula Oil:
- Drunk Elephant Marula Oil can be purchased at Sephora and DrunkElephant.com.
- They offer two sizes (.5 ounce $40 / 1 ounce $72). It’s nice they have multiple sizes.
(These are NOT affiliate links. I’m just sharing something I love with you)
All the best xoxoxo