I am embarrassed at how behind I am on posting responses to award and tag posts. However, I will be responding to all of them! With some sponsored reviews I had to get out, kids going back to school, my full time job, having surgery, and our visit from an exchange student this summer, I seem to have gotten behind. Hmmm, who would have guessed? There are quite a few posts I need to get on the blog!
I don’t want make any excuses but that’s how I got behind and I’ll be chugging along to work through my backlog. Since the lovely and sincere Zovesta nominated me for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award, I wanted to complete it this evening while I was sitting down with my laptop in a writing mood.
If you don’t know Zovesta and follow her blog, Glamour Vortex, please stop in and say hello to her! Here is a link to one her posts which a favorite of mine on strobing. She has some really pretty photos in this post that capture her natural beauty and she shares information on quite a few products on this popular trend. Zovesta and I have been friends since I started my blog and she’s an absolute doll and a beautiful young woman with a huge heart. Thank you, my dear friend, for thinking of me and nominating me!
The Dragon’s Loyalty Award Rules:
- Display the award certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself
7 Interesting Things About Me (I hope they are interesting):
- I grew up in southern California and I’m deathly afraid of Earthquakes. One of the reasons I wanted to leave Los Angeles was because of the Earthquakes. I suffered through the Northridge quake and couldn’t wait to leave LA. Now I don’t worry about them every night before I go to sleep and I’ve been living earthquake free in Phoenix for 10 years!
- I collect Mexican folk art. I have rare originals by known artists as well as street art. Most of it is on display in my home in ways I hope spark people’s interest. I collect the art because I love the beauty and color and I want to contribute to the preservation of family traditions and art in Mexico. There are hundreds of pieces through out my home, but I took a few snaps to share some examples with you. Click through to see the mini gallery.
- I was an award winning photographer in high school. While I still have the vision and creativity, I don’t apply it much and would need to brush up on digital cameras. I’d like to rekindle those skills and see how I can apply them with my blogging and family life.
- I have been cooking and baking since at least age 12 and I can pull off an entire Thanksgiving dinner and prepare many extraordinary dishes. Since my hubby and kids prefer pizza and cheeseburgers, I don’t do a lot of complex cooking these days . I look forward to the holidays where I can put my love for cooking and baking to work! I used to maintain a food blog years ago.
- At the age of 10, I woke up to a cat burglar who had broken into our home and he was in my bedroom. I started screaming for my parents and the chaos scared the burglar. He jumped out my window and ran before he had a chance to steal anything from our home. I still have nightmares about burglars and lurkers to this day.
- I used to sneak out my window in my teenage years to see my friends and boyfriends at night. I did it so much that my dad finally screwed the window shut. When the original family home was sold about 3 years ago and my parents moved to Phoenix, the window was still sealed shut. (HA HA!)
- In 7th grade, I was hit by a car while crossing the busy street to go to the bus stop on my way to school. I was heavily bruised and had a concussion but thankfully was no permanent damage or serious injury.
15 Nominees For The Dragon’s Loyalty Award:
A lot of people have done this post, so I’m going to list some but I don’t now I’ll reach 15! My nominees are:
These are blogs I normally visit and enjoy their posts and I don’t think have been nominated for Dragon’s Loyalty. Most of the others I have in my daily reading list have done this already, so I made it about 50% to the required nominations!
Thank you again Zovesta!