Many of you know me by now and are aware that I have a bit of a lash addiction. I need some important beauty advice in the lash category. I’m so hooked on falsies that I buy them even though I have hundreds of pairs in stock. That’s right, it’s plural. They are stashed everywhere! I have every brand and tons I’ve purchased from Indonesian and Hong Kong distributors. I’m the first to admit it’s a major problem. And you know what? I’m going to go buy more tonight because I fear I might be short on a particular style and I don’t think I’ve made a lash purchase in the past month. So, umm yeah, I think I’ve established the importance I place on my lashes. It’s part of my signature look I guess (not that I’m important enough to have one but in my fantasy world, I have a signature look).
I’m out of mascara now (well, sort of) and I’m trying to find one that I can buy in Sephora, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom’s or any department store that will give me long, REALLY long, full, voluminous, wispy, and separated lashes. I see a lot of long lashes but they look clumpy and coated with product. I really want more of a bushy and voluminous look without the weight of the product or little creepy things attached to the tips. I also like to lengthen and separate really well on the lower lashes. So, I’m crying out for help and really need your suggestions. I’m hoping that some days I can skip wearing falsies before I have no lashes to put mascara on!
So, let me tell me what I’ve used that I really like. What I have that is not currently being used and what I remember totally not working out for me. Then I’m going to be ANXIOUSLY awaiting the responses from all you dolls to tell me what to get!
Has anyone tried Marie Dalgar? Maybelline Rocket Volume Express? What about I Migliori? These are ones that interest me for sure.
Favorite mascaras are (in order of preference):
- Lancome Definicils (The big tube seems to get clumpy inside before it’s empty though)
- Buxom Mascara (original formula)
- Loreal Voluminous (original formula) – I have this but I need something even more voluminous. It’s OK but not quite cutting it and it’s really wet and often messes up my makeup.
Is there something better than these out there that I’m missing? Perhaps I have it in my box and I haven’t tried it?
Mascara currently in my box not being used:
- Younique 3D (the problem I have with these is it looks like tentacles on some people’s eyes – I’m scared of them)
- Smashbox LashDNA (Does nothing for me)
- Shashbox Full Exposure (Never tried)
- Korres (Never tried)
- D.J.V. Beautienizer Fiberwig LX (Never tried)
- Loreal Voluminous Butterly (It’s average at best but superb for lower lashes)
- 2B Colours Make the Difference (Never tried)
- Clinique High Impact (Never tried)
- Stila Stay All Day (Does nothing for me)
- Too Faced Better Than Sex (Tried once only – jury is still out. Had some smudging but I’ll need to try again since I was getting sick and my eyes were watering and that could have caused issues)
- Lancome Cils Booster XL (applied under any product to boost, haven’t tried yet)
- Maybelline Lash Sensational (comparale to Loreal, it’s OK but I need more, gets clumpy)
- Dior Show Iconic Original (it’s OK, but I need more length)
- Dior Show Blackout (it’s OK, but I need more length)
Mascara I Recall Returning or Tossing:
- MAC (Don’t know the formula anymore but it was sad, returned)
- Benefit They’re Real (Everything in the They’re Real line, I’ve returned – it just doesn’t work for me; makeup remover, push up liner, mascara – all fails for me but I know it’s been great for a lot of people)
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes (tossed out)
So, that’s where I am. I either need to buy one of my top two favorites, discover one that I own that’s great and I just don’t know it, or try something totally new that will blow my mind. I know someone out there has some great advice. Well, many of you do! So, please pour out some comments and suggestions and tell me what you like or dislike about the ones I have as favorites if you’ve tried them? If I have something great in my stash? Or you know of something great I need to go buy ASAP? Please hurry because I am about to have a nervous lash break down (seriously).
Thank you my dearest followers in advance for the advice. I’ll be waiting to hear from you.
Hugs and Kisses!